lunedì 21 novembre 2011

Shadow of the constant night (by Sabi Gosman)


«Dialogo nel Buio» is unforgettable experience to be on the place of blind people.


 At first it was very scary be in the total darkness, I was afraid to lag behind the group and to be lost. When we turn off one of the senses (in this case, vision), all other become aggravated! People start to hear sounds and feel smells in 10 times stronger + fear lets me be more attentive, also because Italian language is foreign language for me. And I was thinking: «If in this situation I will not understand something of the tasks, if I will do some mistake- I will lose in the darkness! » I felt myself like Alice in Wonderland. Everything is new.
With each new minute the fear disappeared and appeared the curiosity!
If somebody will ask me to describe the experience of „Dialogo Nel Buio“ in 1-2 words I will say –   aggravate ATTENTION!

The feelings were so strange that first half an hour I felt need to be closer to the people whom I know and whose voices I know. And it is normal reaction. People are afraid of uncertainty. The Darkness IS the uncertainty!

At the beginning I had very strange feeling: for my opinion the ceiling was very low. I was SURE that it was true. But then I was trying to check it: I put my hands up… and I didn’t felt the ceiling! I thought “It is impossible, I know, I am sure that it is somewhere here!” And I was already jumping; I wanted to search this ceiling.

Then I want to say when we were sitting in the boat and we were starting to go to the sea, the first 20-30seconds I could not understand it is real or it is fake that the boat is going. But it was only feeling of course and we stayed on the place!
About our fantasy : when we came into one room, after some time when we were there and we were touching things, I realized that my fantasy lets me walk here like the light is turned ON.I saw the furniture, all the things in this room. May be in real it was not in these colors that I imagined, but it was my fantasy-vision. I can’t explain for example why the apple that I touched and sniffed for my opinion was green. For someone else may be it was contrary- bright red. 

All our feelings and ideas in the total darkness were borned in our head, in our thinking, that everyone has unique. This uniqueness we must use in our job of artist!
And specifically in DANCE choreo.


7 commenti:

  1. WOW!
    your work is good.
    very well!
    I'm curious to know if in your country there is a dark place like this.
    when I said the word DARK and if you say the word remember what can you tell me?


    ********


    il tuo lavoro è buono.
    molto bene!
    sono curioso di sapere se nel tuo paese esiste un luogo buio come questo.
    se io ti dico la parola BUIO e se ti dico la parola Ricordi cosa mi puoi raccontare?

    RispondiElimina
  2. Per me è davvero difficile commentare ,anche se ho fatto anni di inglese ho capito davvero poco. Spero tu mi possa chiarire a voce alcuni dubbi ,,,,

    RispondiElimina
  3. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina
  4. Sabi you're great!! I appreciate your courage.... if I were you, I'm not sure I would have finished the course... I think I would be too much afraid to face this kind of experience with a guide who doesn't speak my language at all! It would have been a huge obstacle for me!!! ...or maybe... I would have done the entire course screaming in my head somethin' like "I CAN'T DO IT.. I CAN'T DO IT... OH MY GOOOOD!! WHAT IF I GET LOST?!?" ahahahah!! :)

    RispondiElimina
  5. Grazie, Maestro!
    In my country I never heard about the place like that, and when I posted text about it and little part of my emotions after it in my profile on one russian website, everybody of my friends responded "Wow!So cool!I would like to do it too!Don't u know where we can do it exsept Milan, in some other city or in Estonia? So , I don't think that there is some place like that even in the capital of my country.

    Darkness & remember: My answer is... that experience that we did of course is good, but it was only 1 hour and 15 min. and we must remember that some people live without vision all their life. All life- is darkness.It is very difficult and we must remember it.And remember our feelings, when smth goes wrong and you don't realize the full picture of situation, you are relying on your ears... it make you afraid.
    Don't forget it and lets remember to blind people that always there is a our shoulder for case of emergancy!

    RispondiElimina
  6. Silvia : Fa niente.Ci parliamo domani al MAS:)

    Chiara: Thank you so muuuch!Also for understanding that it's not so simple thing when u do the experience like this in foreign language!

    RispondiElimina
  7. anche io sabi quando siamo saliti in barca non sapevo se ci spostavamo veramente o per finta....mi piace un sacco l'ultima immagine che hai messo tua al buoi...

    RispondiElimina